- SIGNA SHELL II , 2018- Archive -
H28 x 40 x 40 cm
- Proof of life, 2018
H 20 x 22 x 17 cm
- When the beginning comes, the end comes. That is how all things are destined to be. To live is to die. The destiny of living things. Things change. There will be both development and decline. When you overcome trouble, the mother who finished her role is like a shell. In the long years to come, it evolves and changes slowly while witnessing the passing of time...
- Living in eternity II, 2018- Archive -
H 31 x 12 x 12 cm
- When the beginning comes, the end comes. That is how all things are destined to be. To live is to die. The destiny of living things. To live is to change. Even for 1 minute or 1 second, a figure may not stay the same. This work captures the moment of slow change and decay over a long time.
- Living in eternity, 2016- Archive -
H 37 x 11 x 11cm
- Kaneko explains that this work expresses “the steady state of living, which slowly continues to alternate since its birth and will continue to change.” A fascinating piece in which she expresses this state of changing, whilst using the medium of ceramics which will not change. Although the piece may seem fragile at first sight, Kaneko was successful in achieving steadiness as a piece while completing her own expression using well researched methods of numerous glazes and firings.
- In the midst of eternity, 2016- Archive -
H 34 x 17 x 16cm
- This work exemplifies the living state of a particle which came from a larger whole, and which then started to have its own mind.
I find the sight of decay and aging over time somehow affecting, with a hint of nostalgia mixed in.
While summoning up distant memories, and pursuing responses to these,
I express life decaying and changing over many years.
- Born in Hokkaido, Japan
- Second Prize, 20th All Japan Collegiate Snow Object Competition, Hokkaido, japan
54th All Hokkaido Collegiate Art Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan
Highest Award in student section and Hokkaido Scientific and Cultural Association Award, 41st Hokkaido Ceramics Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan
- Graduated from Hokkaido College of Art & Design, Specialized in Ceramics.
Award of Excellence, 6th Hokkaido U21 Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan
Second Prize, 21st All Japan Collegiate Snow Object Competition, Hokkaido, Japan
- Lecturer of ceramics class runs by Maruyama Kobo, Hokkaido, Japan
- STV Award, 43rd Hokkaido Ceramics Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan
- Hokkaido Fire Mutual Aid Cooperative Award, 44th Hokkaido Ceramics Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan
- Nakanishi Printing Corporation Award, 45th Hokkaido Ceramics Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan
1st Japan Ceramics Society, Contemporary Ceramics Incentive Award Hokkaido Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan
- International Hokuriku Kogei Summit: World Kogei Selection of 100 Exhibition, Toyama Prefectural Museum of Art and Design, Toyama, Japan
- Hokkaido Newspaper Award, 47th Hokkaido Ceramics Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan