- Corona of the sun, 2018
- Bamboo (Madake)
H 34.8 x 34.8 x 10 cm
- Water Moon II, 2016
- Bamboo (Madake), rattan
H 35 x 35 x 9.5 cm
- Kodama’s series is inspired from the beautiful nature shown in the reflection of the surface of a lake. In this work, the shadow of the moon and the water ripples seem as though they are in resonance.
- Water Moon III, 2016- Archive -
- Bamboo (Susutake and Madake), leather thread
H 14 x 23.5 x 23.5 cm
- The middle layer expresses the water surface and depicts the reflecting shadow of the moon. The dappled brown bamboo found in the upper and lower layer is called Susutake, a precious bamboo in which its color is made by being smoked in an old Japanese house for over several hundreds of years.
- Born in Saitama, Japan
- Graduated from Oita Prefectural Technical Institute, Department of Bamboo Arts, Oita, Japan
- Emerging Bamboo Exhibition, TAI Gallery, USA
- Oita Bamboo Art: From the Modern to the Future exhibition, Beppu City Museum, Oita, Japan
Oita’s Art Moment, Japanese American Cultural Community Center, Los Angeles, USA