Takao Inoue>Tampopo Blowin’ 10.385
- Tampopo Blowin' 10.385, 2018
H 10.385 x 6 x 6 cm
- By capturing a moment of things that are short-lived, like photographs, in a permanent material, it makes viewers look at it more closely. I am stimulating the visual sense and creating work that releases the viewer from lazy habits and constraints that hide in daily life. Because the amount of visual information that can be analyzed is excessive, the viewer's brain gets tricked and normal concepts do not function well. As time goes on, the only thing that matters is what is directly in front of us and other sensations fade away. In this chaotic capitalist society I hope to find a small gap in which there is a clear pause for contemplation and also a clue to problem solving.
- Born in Fukuoka, Japan
- Assistant cinematographer at Dentsu Prox Inc. (current Dentsu Tec Inc.)
- Inspired by Shiro Kuramata works, started research on Shiro Kuramata
- Completed B.A., Seinan Gakuin University, Faculty of Commerce, Fukuoka, Japan
- Started freelance. Worked in the fields of cinema and advertising including Juzo Itami films and Apple campaigns, as assistant photographer and camera operator.
- Director of photography in the field of advertising for SONY, Shiseido and others.
- Received the Hummingbird Photography Award by Shinpusha Publishing.
Through an encounter with an acrylic fabricator who was working with Shiro Kutamata, started his own career as an artist.
- Started his series of embedding dandelions inside acrylics.
- Won the 47th Advertisements for the Consumers competition, awarded by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Completed Dandelion, which he had worked on since 2004. His works had since then focused on the theme of reaffirming memory and light.
- Founder of Lighting Art Gallery, supported by Yamagiwa Art Foundation.
- Curated Ex Lighting Art exhibition, Lighting Art Gallery, Tokyo, Japan
Director of photography for film Karappo, directed by Shogo Kusano.
- Dew exhibition, Organic EL Installation, Tennozu site, Tokyo, Japan
Every Kinda People, Commission work, Warehouse Terrada, Tokyo, Japan
- Royal Stinker, Dorian Installation work in collaboration with Salad Dressing, SingaPlural 2014, Singapore
- Installation and interior design, Zaku Zaku pastry shop, Tokyo, Japan
Installation and interior design, Bake pastry shop, Kanagawa, Japan
- Participated as a guest speaker at the lecture ’Shiro Kuramata for 21st century’ which was held by Roger Griffith, Associate Sculpture Conservator, The Museum of Modern Art, New York at Kogakuin University School of Architecture, Tokyo, Japan
Lecturer, Department of Painting, Faculty of Fine Arts, Tokyo University of the Arts, Tokyo, Japan
- Participated as a guest speaker at the lecture held by a Lead Designer, Zaha Hadid Architects at Kogakuin University School of Architecture, Tokyo, Japan
- Lecturer, Faculty of Education, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan